FACE aims to standardize approaches to bring open standards software to avionics systems.
V3-717 DO-254 Safety-Certifiable Graphics Processor with AMD Radeon E8860 GPU
MOSA is an acquisition and design strategy that prioritizes the use of open standards-based technology.
Digital Cockpit Flight Display Demonstration: The Open Group Future Airborne Capability Environment (FACE™) Solution
Building a Primary Flight Display Solution for FACE
Wind River, Ansys, CoreAVI, Curtiss-Wright and RTI have collaborated to create a solution stack that enables a digital cockpit flight display with touchscreen capabilities for a FACE solution. FACE is an open standard that is required by defense systems to provide a standard for interface interoperability.
On-screen image shows
- Ansys SCADE Mulit-Touch Cockpit Display
- RTI TSS with Connext® DDS Micro
- CoreAVI OpenGL SC2
- Curtiss-Wright V3-152 single board computer (SBC) and V3-717 graphics module
- Wind River VxWorks 653 Cert 188.8.131.52 mulitcore safety platform
Wind River VxWorks 653 Cert 184.108.40.206 Multicore Safety Platform
- DO-178C DAL A Certification to CAST-32A
- Supports ARINC 653 APEX, FACE, POSIX, & VxWorks API
- Supports multiple DALs on MCP
- Type 1 Hypervisor with heterogenous Guest OS support
- ARINC 653 configuration and enforcement
- Role-based development per DO-297
Curtiss-Wright's Trusted, Proven Hardware Provides the Foundation for this Demo
- The V3-152 DAL A-certifiable single board computer for high-integrity, deterministic processing and trusted computing protections
- The V3-717 DAL high-performance graphics processing module
- A rugged, conduction-cooled chassis
Ansys SCADE Display
A specialized tool for modelling HMI. Fully equipped to design, test and generate code for safety critical embedded displays.
- Graphical prototyping and design
- HMI behavioral logic design
- HMI testing with automated image comparison
- Certification for safety standards
CoreAVI's ArgusCORE™ SC2
OpenGL graphics driver on AMD's Embedded Radeon™ E8860 GPU. Built for safety-critical airborne applications, ArguCore SC2
- Enables best GPU performance
- Achieves the highest levels of safety certifications
- Has scalable power and performance management
- Supports a programmable graphics rendering pipeline
- Is ideal for multi-core applications
RTI TSS with Connext DDS Micro
Real-Time Innovations (RTI) solutions provide the software connectivity framework to make complex, distributed systems work as one
- Open standards-based application and system interoperability
- First certified-conformant FACE Transport Services Segment (TSS)
- Commercial RTCA DO-178C DAL A safety certification evidence
- Over 1,300 global aerospace and defense design wins
FACE Integrated Flight Display Demonstration
On the left is the Primary Flight Display.
Screen settings pop-up with Day and Night modes.
On the right is the multifunction map/autopilot display.
Press on Menu Area to show it.
The area will hide automatically after a few seconds.
Keep pressing on screen to activate swipe mode.
Position can be switched with a finger swipe.
The NAV/HIS toggle button shows the Navigation Status indicators or the Horizontal Situation indicator.
Press space bar on the keyboard to show/hide warnings in the Warning Area.
Attitude direction indicator – ADI
Horizontal speed indicator
Vertical speed indicator
The validate button activates the autopilot. In the autopilot layer, the pilot targets:
- Horizontal speed
Pressing the "Autopilot" icon toggles between the autopilot layer and the map layer.
Contact these technology leaders to get further infromation:
- Wind River