Curtiss-Wright is committed to the success of your program. Access technical notes here and our technical support team is available to answer your questions. We look forward to being your preferred supplier and exceeding your expectations.
|Europe, Africa, Asia||Americas|
Unit 5, Richview Office Park, Clonskeagh
Dublin 14, Ireland
15 Terry Drive,
Newtown, PA 18940 USA
For information on updates to software, hardware or documentation, please see the Technical Information Bulletin. If you would like to receive the Bulletin by email each month please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the mailing list. Note: you must be logged in to view. View Flight Test Technical Documentation.
Submit a Support Request
Flight Test Technical Documentation
The flight test technical notes contain a wealth of information to help our customers better understand various aerospace topics and get the most out of our products. Subject matter spans several subjects, for example from in-depth articles on strain gauge theory to brief guides on how best to use specific products. The Technical Notes Reference guide contains tables, equations and general reference information frequently required by data acquisition engineers and in particular those in the aerospace industry. In Technical Publications you'll find Service Information Leaflets (SIL), Service Bulletin and Technical Publications Registers. Software manuals and their update information can be found in the Manuals section. Please note, DAS Studio is the software recommended - KSM-500 will no longer receive updates.
Frequently Asked Questions
- FAQ/004 GS Works: How can I obtain a GS Works 7 evaluation license?
- FAQ/005 GS Works: I can see the lock in GS Works but the SFID is incrementing incorrectly. What could be wrong?
- FAQ/006 GS Works: I would like to transfer my GS Works license to a newer PC. What are the steps to follow?
- FAQ/007 GS Works: I'm going to format my PC and I want to keep my GS Works 7 license. How can I maintain it?
- FAQ/009 KAM-500 - KAD/ADC/109/S2: I’m using the KAD/ADC/109/B/S2 module. If I do not want to use the sense line, what do you recommend?
- FAQ/010 KAM-500 - KAD/ARI/001: What steps should be taken if the KAD/ARI/001 is not receiving expected messages?
- FAQ/011 KAM-500: Is it possible to replace the Compact Flash card in a KAD/MEM/004 Module?
- FAQ/012 KAM-500 - KAD/TCG/001/C: Which airborne qualified battery is suitable for use with KAD/TCG/001/C?
- FAQ/008 GTS-500: I’m having issues to get the lock with the GTS/DEC/00x when I’m using video parameters from the KAD/VID/103 in a PCM frame with PCM code NRZ-L. How I can resolve this?
- FAQ/013 KAM-500: Could you give us more information on the Audio format used by the KAD/VID/103?
- FAQ/014 KAM-500 - SAM/DEC/007: What are the steps to install the SAM/DEC/007/C under Windows 7 32 bits?
- FAQ/015 KAM-500: Can a differential input analog module be used by a single ended transducer?
- FAQ/016 KAM-500: Can I have two different PCM stream coming out of the KAM-500 system?
- FAQ/017 KAM-500: Can I swap two modules with the same part number in the chassis without reprogramming the system?
- FAQ/018 KAM-500: Can I upgrade a KAM module to a KAD module?
- FAQ/019 KAM-500: How are the connector and module pinout numbered for a KAD connector?
- FAQ/020 KAM-500: How close can KAM-500 chassis be to each other?
- FAQ/021 KAM-500: In which order should I set up my modules in a chassis?
- FAQ/022 KAM-500: What are the main improvements of the Series 100 family of analog modules?
- FAQ/023 KAM-500: What is the difference between DNC (Do not connect) and NC (Not connected) as a pin description in KAM-500 data sheets?
- FAQ/024 KAM-500: What is the real sampling frequency of a parameter that goes to different destinations at different rates? What is the real cut-off frequency of the filter?
- FAQ/025 KAM-500: What voltage I am measuring with my quarter-bridge?
- FAQ/026 KAM-500: What will happen if the chassis temperature is higher than 85 degrees or lower than -40 degrees?
- FAQ/027 KAM-500: Why does Curtiss-Wright specify "Chassis" and not "Ambient" temperature on the datasheet?
- FAQ/028 KAM-500: Why is the checksum of the UDP packet from the KAD/ETH/101 and KAD/BCU/105/B modules always 0x0000?
- FAQ/029 KAM-500: Why is the green LED on my chassis blinking?
- FAQ/080 KAM-500 - How do I connect a 4 wire 100Mbps Ethernet cable to the KAD/EBM/102?
- FAQ/081 KAM-500 - Why can I not establish a reliable connection with an Ethernet switch?
- FAQ/030 KSM-500: I am unable to import a MatLab mat-file generated by kFlashCardXID.
- FAQ/031 KSM-500 - kProgram: ACRA ERROR :: Cannot find next baudrate
- FAQ/032 KSM-500 - kProgram: How is the error "encountered impossible expiry" resolved?
- FAQ/033 KSM-500 - kProgram: Internal error occurs with the following info: File hwcal.app Line 296 – itsAddressCalSector==ADDRESS_CAL_TEMP
- FAQ/034 KSM-500 - kProgram: kProgram compile error for KAM/MEM/003 due to an excessive number of parameters logged in the memory
- FAQ/035 KSM-500: kProgram message error: ACRA ERROR :: Error programming loom 'acra_std_asys'
- FAQ/036 KSM-500: kProgram reports on the following error on the message server. How is it resolved?
- FAQ/037 KSM-500: kProgram: What is happening when such an error occurs : ACRA ERROR :: Offset=63 (zero-based) for 'DEC_0_J3_Ch0' exceeds max offset (28).?
- FAQ/038 KSM-500 - kProgram: What is happening when the following internal error occurs : ACRA ERROR: Could not create a "serviceable" fixup for?
- FAQ/039 KSM-500 - kProgram: What is happening when the following internal error occurs: ACRA ERROR :: Backplane placement failed.?
- FAQ/040 KSM-500: How can you change the revision of a PCM transmitter module, such as the KAD/BCU/101/C, in KSM-500 on an existing configuration while still preserving the PCM frame?
- FAQ/041 KSM-500: There is no KAM/ADC/113 available in kSetup, can I select the KAD/ADC/113
- FAQ/042 KSM-500: During the KSM-500 installation the error: "Internal Error 2711" appears. How is this resolved?
- FAQ/043 KSM-500: During the KSM-500 installation, the message: "Error 1905 (easygrid.ocx)" or "cannot load DLL when double clicking in a module in kSetup" appears under XP. How is this resolved?
- FAQ/044 KSM-500: During the KSM-500 installation, the message: "Error 1905 (easygrid.ocx)" or "cannot load DLL when double clicking in a module in kSetup" appears while using Microsoft's Windows 7 OS. How is this resolved?
- FAQ/045 KSM-500: Error 1603 appears while installing KSM-500. How is this resolved?
- FAQ/046 KSM-500: I’m using a KSM-500 software version for which the KAD/ADC/113/B is not supported. Could I reprogram the module type to a KAD/ADC/113?
- FAQ/047 KSM-500: The message "'37.202381' is not a valid floating point value" appears when Frame Builder is run. How is this resolved?
- FAQ/048 KSM-500: What information should I provide to email@example.com if I want to report a software issue?
- FAQ/049 KSM-500: What should I do when the DOS window with the title "C:\Windows\microsoft.net\framework\ v2.0.50727\regasm" after KSM-500 installation doesn't close?
- FAQ/050 KSM-500: When I run Discover, I get this error message "Module in KAM-500 DAU 0 slot 3 has failed its bit walk test." How can I resolve it?
- FAQ/051 KSM-500: When opening some KSM-500 tools, I get a "Too many open files" error:
- FAQ/079 KSM-500 - How do I install KSM-500 under the 32bit version of Windows 7?
- FAQ/054 OQAR - PN/D52000-XXXXX: Are there any formatting requirements for MO disks used in the OQAR?
- FAQ/055 OQAR - PN/D52000-XXXXX: What is the purpose of the battery pack in the OQAR? Are there any maintenance recommendations for the battery pack?
- FAQ/056 OQAR - PN/D52000-XXXXX (all OQAR versions): Why does the OQAR display BAD MEDIA message?
- FAQ/057 OQAR - PN/D52000-XXXXX (all OQAR versions): Why does the OQAR display INVALID MEDIA message?
- FAQ/058 OQAR and PQAR - PN/D52000-XXXXX (all models): Can I easily check how much recording media space has been used in my OQAR/PQAR?
- FAQ/059 OQAR and PQAR - PN/D52000-XXXXX (all models): Can I install an OQAR or PQAR in place of the existing tape-based QAR on my aircraft?
- FAQ/060 OQAR and PQAR - PN/D52000-XXXXX (all models): Can I prefix recorded OQAR/PQAR data files with the aircraft tail number?
- FAQ/061 OQAR and PQAR - PN/D52000-XXXXX (all models): How can I check the settings for data format configuration?
- FAQ/062 OQAR and PQAR - PN/D52000-XXXXX (all models): How can I interrogate the ARINC 429 labels configured into the OQAR/PQAR?
- FAQ/063 OQAR and PQAR - PN/D52000-XXXXX (all models): How do I enable or disable the Recycling mode on my OQAR or PQAR?
- FAQ/064 OQAR and PQAR - PN/D52000-XXXXX (all models): How do I restore the OQAR/PQAR to its default configuration?
- FAQ/065 OQAR and PQAR - PN/D52000-XXXXX (all models): How do I set time and date in the OQAR/PQAR internal clock?
- FAQ/066 OQAR and PQAR - PN/D52000-XXXXX (all models): On the recording media, what is the purpose of the USERAREA folder?
- FAQ/067 OQAR and PQAR - PN/D52000-XXXXX (all models): There is no flight data on the recording media from this OQAR/PQAR. How can I check to see if the OQAR/PQAR is receiving data from the DMU on the aircraft?
- FAQ/068 OQAR and PQAR - PN/D52000-XXXXX (all models): What files and folders should be on the MO disk removed from OQAR or on the PCMCIA card removed from PQAR?
- FAQ/069 OQAR and PQAR - PN/D52000-XXXXX (all models): What files do I need to delete from the recording media, before re-using it?
- FAQ/070 OQAR and PQAR - PN/D52000-XXXXX (all models): What is Run Control? Is my OQAR/PQAR configured for it?
- FAQ/074 PGS Ground Replay Software - PN/010000XXX (all versions): When trying to run PGS software, why do I get an error message E0047?
- FAQ/075 PQAR - PN/D52000-XXXXX (all PQAR versions): Are there any formatting requirements for PCMCIA cards used in the PQAR?
- FAQ/071 OQAR and PQAR - PN/D52000-XXXXX (all models): What is the recording capacity of the OQAR or PQAR?
- FAQ/076 QAR Test Set - PN/D51501: Is there any specific calibration requirement for the QAR Test Set?
PGS Ground Replay Software
- FAQ/072 PGS Ground Replay Software - PN/010000XXX (all versions): When trying to run PGS software, why do I get an error message E0002?
- FAQ/073 PGS Ground Replay Software - PN/010000XXX (all versions): When trying to run PGS software, why do I get an error message E0007?