The MRTD-110B-1 is a 10-channel, DSP-based RTD conditioning module for use in all of Curtiss-Wright's miniature data acquisition systems lines.
- 10-channel RTD conditioner module
- Precision constant current excitation per channel
- Makes 2-wire, more accurate 3-wire, or most accurate 4-wire RTD measurements selectable on a per-channel basis
- Built-in reference resistors, no external reference resistors required
- Linearized temperature output provided for most common RTD types including the American (α = 0.00392 Ω/Ω/°C) and European (α =0.00385Ω/Ω/°C) curves
- Resistance mode provides an output proportional to resistance
- ± 0.25% system accuracy with error correction enabled
- Programmable digital moving average filters provide a choice of channel filtering options
- Choices are 1 sample (no MAV filter), 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64 or 128 samples
- High data update rate, 312.5 updates/sec
- Data acquisition systems
- Flight test instrumentation
- Lab test
- Factory automation and process control
MRTD-110B 2, 3 & 4-Wire Compatible 10-Ch RTD Signal Conditioning
The MRTD-110B-1 is a 10-channel, DSP-based RTD conditioning module for use in all of Curtiss-Wright's miniature data acquisition systems lines. Multiplexed constant current excitation is provided to reduce sensor self-heating and total power dissipation of the system. The constant current value is software programmable to 0.512, 1.024, 2.048, and 4.096 mA on a per-channel basis. The module supports 2-wire, the more accurate 3-wire, and the most accurate 4-wire RTD measurements for Platinum RTDs having a 0°C resistance of up to 1,000 Ohms. Linearized output proportional to the measured temperature is provided for most common RTD types including the American (alpha = 0.00392) and European (alpha = 0.00385) curves. Other RTD types may be used without linearization support providing an output proportional to the sensor resistance.
The interface is configured to allow for sensor wire resistance compensation when used in the 3-wire mode. No external reference resistors are required. The MRTD-110B-1 automatically programs channel gain and offset to allow the user to “zoom in” on a particular temperature range. The module provides continuous gain and parasitic offset error correction and offers an accuracy of ±0.25 percent over the operating temperature range with error correction enabled. Programmable digital moving average filters provide a choice of channel filtering options. Each channel is sampled at a fixed rate of 312.5 SPS per channel and the result is stored in a Current Value Table at 16-bit resolution. The system can sample this data at any rate.
Aerospace Instrumentation Brochure
Modern aerospace instrumentation systems can be highly complex, and it can be difficult to know how to meet program needs. It’s not unusual for requirements to change during a campaign and cause significant delays, and data must be captured reliably no matter what – otherwise expensive additional flights will be needed or months of program data could be lost. Read our brochure to learn how you can reduce your risk with commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) solutions.