The MSCD-108D is an 8-channel plugin signal-conditioning module for use in Curtiss-Wright’s miniature, stackable data acquisition products.
- 8 channels per module
- Simultaneous sampling capability
- Programmable digital FIR or IIR presample filtering
- Software selected FIR filters: 120, 90, 60 and 40 taps
- 120 tap FIR filter provides comparable response to 12-pole Butterworth filter
- Software selected IIR filters: 6-pole and 8-pole Butterworth, 6-pole Bessel, and 6-pole Chebyshev
- Automatic adaptive filter based on format sample rate
- Analog anti-aliasing filter
- Filter characteristic selectable on per-channel basis
- Sequential sampling, simultaneous sampling or divided rate simultaneous sampling (thinning, -11 and -12 only) (per-channel basis)
- Programmable constant voltage excitation
- Programmable gain and offset
- DC input coupling
- Zero calibration
- ZIN >5MΩ (power on), >2 MΩ (power off)
- DC resistance of 40.2 kΩ, ±0.05%, measured between inverting and non-inverting inputs (-12 only)
- ±0.5% system accuracy at most gains
- Automatic parasitic offset correction on power up and ZCAL. This feature can be disabled.
- ±35VDC overvoltage protection
- Flight test instrumentation
- Factory automation and process control
- Strain gauges, load cells, pressure transducers, …
- Research measurements and experiments
MSCD-108D 8-Channel Signal Conditioning Module
The MSCD-108D is an 8-channel plugin signal-conditioning module for use in Curtiss-Wright’s miniature, stackable data acquisition products. The module is intended for applications that require high channel density, significant signal conditioning flexibility and/or simultaneous sampling capability. The module provides DC input coupling, constant voltage excitation, programmable pre-sample digital filtering, calibration, and user-programmable gain and offset. FIR or IIR digital pre-sample filtering may be selected on a per-channel basis. Each digital filter is phase locked to the channel format sample rate to maintain time correlation between the input signal and the data output. The filter can be set for 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, or 10 times oversampling (the filter -3dB point will be automatically set to the format sampling rate divided by the oversampling value). The conditioned analog signal is digitized at up to 16-bit resolution for transmission in the system data output format.
Aerospace Instrumentation Brochure
Modern aerospace instrumentation systems can be highly complex, and it can be difficult to know how to meet program needs. It’s not unusual for requirements to change during a campaign and cause significant delays, and data must be captured reliably no matter what – otherwise expensive additional flights will be needed or months of program data could be lost. Read our brochure to learn how you can reduce your risk with commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) solutions.