The VPX3-663 combines a PCI Express (PCIe) Gen 3 switch and 10G backplane Ethernet switch in a single 3U module.
- PCIe 3.1 data plane or expansion switch with 24 lanes to the VPX backplane
- Flexible PCIe configuration supporting x8, x4 and x2 links
- Non-transparent bridging for multi-host applications, with NTB on all ports
- Extensive PCIe error management to support high-availability requirements
- Backplane Ethernet control plane switch with up to eight ports of 10GBASE-KR to the backplane
- XMC site for hosting PCIe-connected mezzanine or Ethernet media conversion module
- Available in standard air-cooled and conduction-cooled rugged form factors
- 6F6U and 6F8U profile options for OpenVPX systems and systems aligned with the SOSA™ Technical Standard
- Single-slot connectivity for next-generation mission systems that combine SBC, DSP, GPU, FPGA, and I/O modules
- High-performance fabric for 3U multiprocessing clusters
VPX3-663 SOSA-Aligned PCIe Gen 3 & 10G Ethernet Switch
PCIe Gen 3 and 10G Ethernet Hybrid Switch
For SWaP-Constrained C5ISR applications
The VPX3-663 hybrid switch combines PCI Express 3.1 and 10 Gigabit Ethernet switching in a single 3U VPX module. Ideal for size, weight, and power (SWaP)-constrained platforms, the VPX3-663 provides single-slot connectivity for high-performance processing systems that combine SBC, DSP, GPU, FPGA, I/O, or storage modules.
- Open Standards Architectures
- High-Performance 3U VPX Connectivity
- Flexible PCIe Connectivity
- Feature-Rich Ethernet
Open Standards Architectures
Designed to eliminate interoperability challenges between COTS modules, the VPX3-663 complies to OpenVPX 6F6U and 6F8U switch module profiles and is developed in alignment with The Open Group Sensor Open Systems Architecture™ (SOSA) Technical Standard.
High-Performance 3U VPX Connectivity
The VPX3-663 combines a PCIe Gen 3.1 switch and 10G backplane Ethernet switch in a single 3U module, enabling you to connect between a wide range of module types – including those with earlier Gen 1 or Gen 2 PCIe interfaces. With the VPX3-663, designers can create switched networks that allow any module in the system to connect to any other at full rate, eliminating the bottlenecks that result from daisy-chaining.
Flexible PCIe Connectivity
Featuring a powerful non-transparent bridging capability, the VPX3-663 PCIe switch enables systems with multiple processor modules to share a resource or communicate directly from host to host, using the VPX3-663 as a PCIe data plane fabric. When configured for fan-out topologies, the VPX3-663 can act as an expansion plane switch, allowing a single host processor to communicate at full rate with multiple downstream cards, or share access between multiple hosts.
The VPX3-663 features a fully managed Ethernet switch with a range of networking features to enable traffic management and enforce security policies. Its 10Gbps backplane Ethernet interfaces provide a high-performance control plane for the latest processing modules.
What is the SOSA Technical Standard?
The SOSA Technical Standard defines a common framework for transitioning sensor systems to an open systems architecture. The SOSA standard leverages OpenVPX to define card profiles with specifications for features such as pinouts, Ethernet capabilities, and serial ports.
Reduce Cost, Risk, and Time to Market with COTS Hardware
Our broad selection of open-architecture, commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) rugged embedded computing solutions process data in real time to support mission-critical functions. Field proven, highly engineered and manufactured to stringent quality standards, Curtiss-Wright’s COTS boards leverage our extensive experience and expertise to reduce your program cost, development time and overall risk.