- Featured Products
- Request a Quote
- Product Support
Fully Managed and Versatile Ethernet Switch
For low-latency control plane and high-throughput data plane applications
The VPX3-687 is a versatile and high-performance Ethernet switch designed to connect the next generation of 3U systems. Offering performance without compromises, the VPX3-687 provides switching throughput of up to 320 Gbps and full line-rate forwarding of up to 32 x 10 GbE or 8 x 40 GbE interfaces. Its non-blocking architecture is suitable for both low-latency control plane and high-throughput data plane applications.
With support for gigabit, 10 Gbps and 40 Gbps Ethernet, the VPX3-687 VPX Switch provides standards-based connectivity for both legacy and next-generation devices. Its backplane connections are fully flexible to support both OpenVPX switch module profiles and custom configurations.
A fully managed multi-layer Ethernet switch, the VPX3-687 supports an extensive range of network services including efficient multicast, flexible quality of service (QoS) and a range of security features. On-board management software provides a powerful command-line interface (CLI), SNMP, and web-based options for configuration and monitoring.
Validated for deployment in the harshest environments, the VPX3-687 3U VPX Ethernet Switch is available in a range of air-cooled and conduction-cooled formats. Suitable for high-reliability embedded and airborne applications, the VPX3-687 includes extensive Built-in test (BIT) software.
Choose from variants to support your specific requirements, including models developed in alignment with The Open Group Sensor Open Systems Architecture™ (SOSA) Technical Standard.
2017 MAE Innovators Gold Award Winner - read more
- Up to 32 x 10 GbE interfaces in a single VPX 3U slot
- Line-rate forwarding up to 320 Gbps
- Support for Gigabit, 10 Gbps and 40 Gbps backplane Ethernet standards
- Configurable for multiple OpenVPX switch module profiles, including 2F24U, 8F, 6F6U
- Fully-managed multi-layer switching services including multicast, QoS, and security features
- IEEE 1588 PTP transparent clock for high-precision system-level time synchronization
- High-density, standards-based connectivity for C4 and ISR sensors and processing systems
- Low-latency 10 Gbps control plane switch
- High-throughput 40 Gbps data plane fabric