The MIRG-120B-1 module provides IRIG-B time code capability to the MEDAU-2000 Miniature E-Bus Data Acquisition Unit or the MCDAU-2000 Miniature CAIS Bus Data Acquisition Unit or the MWDAU-2000 Miniature Wide-Band Data Acquisition Unit.
- Time code reader/generator module
- IRIG-B format (others available as an option)
- Accepts modulated (AC) or unmodulated (DC) inputs
- Generates IRIG-B DC output
- Use for frame time tagging, bus word time tagging
- Generates status words for transmission in PCM
- Compatible with MEDAU/MCDAU/MWDAU-2000 wide-band stack operation up to 20 Mbit/sec
- “Flywheel” mode (runs on internal oscillator)
- Mission “Elapsed Time” mode (external reset)
- External battery backup provisions
- Time compatible with IRIG-106-96
- Flight test instrumentation
- Wideband testing, structural analysis
- Physical research and experimentation
MIRG-120B-1 IRIG Time Reader/Generator Module
The MIRG-120B-1 module provides IRIG-B time code capability to the MEDAU-2000 Miniature E-Bus Data Acquisition Unit or the MCDAU-2000 Miniature CAIS Bus Data Acquisition Unit or the MWDAU-2000 Miniature Wide-Band Data Acquisition Unit. The module can be placed in either a master or remote unit and will provide time code capability for the modules within that particular stack. The module accepts an external IRIG-B, AC or DC time source for frame time tagging purposes, and in addition, provides perword or per-message time tagging capability for certain I/O modules in the stack that acquire bus data (e.g. 1553, ARINC-429, RS-232, etc.).
The MIRG-120B-1 module also provides an IRIG-B DC time code output for cascading purposes. All encoded time words furnished by the MIRG-120B-1 module comply with IRIG-106-96, Chapter 4 requirements for “high time”, “low time” and “micro time” formats. The module has a built-in microprocessor and ADC to measure and encode the internal MEDAU-2000 system temperature and internal voltage rails within the host MEDAU-2000 Encoder.
Aerospace Instrumentation Brochure
Modern aerospace instrumentation systems can be highly complex, and it can be difficult to know how to meet program needs. It’s not unusual for requirements to change during a campaign and cause significant delays, and data must be captured reliably no matter what – otherwise expensive additional flights will be needed or months of program data could be lost. Read our brochure to learn how you can reduce your risk with commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) solutions.