The SwitchBox SMS-652 16-port Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) Switch System supports IPv4 and IPv6 networks.
- SWaP-C Optimized Rugged Network Switch
- Extremely small footprint and under 5 pounds weight
- 15 watts typical power
- 16-port Gigabit Ethernet switch
- Non-blocking architecture supports tri-speed operation (10/100/1000 Mbps) with auto-negotiation and auto-MDIX
- Full support for IPv4 and IPv6 networks
- Port, MAC, and protocol-based VLANs
- Spanning Tree support (STP, RSTP, MSTP)
- Multicast support (IGMP/MLD snooping)
- Quality of Service (QoS)
- Support for jumbo frames up to 9KB
- Link aggregation, Port mirroring
- Static routing is also supported for IP routing to attached WAN/radio ports
- Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) per 802.3az with built-in cable diagnostics
- Powerful in-band (HTTP/Telnet/SNMP) and out-of-band (RS-232) switch configuration and management
- Designed for Rugged Commercial, Industrial, and Military Applications
- Natural convection design supports extended operation from -40 to +75°C operation
- 24/28V DC power compliant to MIL-STD-1275 for ground applications, MIL-STD-704 for airborne applications, and Def Stan 61-5 for UK applications
SwitchBox SMS-652 Rugged 16-port Managed Gigabit Ethernet Switch System
The SMS-652 Rugged Ethernet SwitchBox is a powerful gigabit network switch designed for rugged commercial, industrial and military systems. Ideal for airborne, ground vehicles and space-constrained unmanned platforms, the SMS-652 SwitchBox prepares all types of platforms for network-enabled operations and is easily usable in any rugged application. This cost effective system builder provides platforms with an affordable entrance into digital networked architectures.
Supporting a powerful set of networking features, the power-efficient switching fabric provides non-blocking wire-speed gigabit performance for 16 ports of 10Mbps, 100Mbps or 1000Mbps Ethernet connections.
The SMS-652 complements a wide range of Curtiss-Wright Ethernet switching and routing products, including a complete line of board-level switches and routers in VME, VPX, and mezzanine PMC/XMC form factors, as well as fully integrated SwitchBox units designed for immediate deployment in the most rugged environments.