The VPX3-717 is an industry-leading rugged 3U OpenVPX, high-performance graphics processor based on the AMD Radeon E8860 Graphics Processing Unit (GPU). For safety certifiable applications, the V3-717 has been developed to DO-254 DAL C and DO-178C DAL A and artifact kits are available to order.
- AMD Radeon E8860 GPU
- 2 GB dedicated video memory
- H.264 codec for accelerated video encode and decode
- Up to six independent display outputs
- XMC site supports XMC or IPX mezzanines
- Supports processor XMC for SWaP optimized single slot solution
- IPX Personality Module for low latency capture and format conversion
- RTOS driver support for Power Architecture, Intel and Arm processors
- OS support for Linux, Wind River VxWorks, Green Hills Software INTEGRITY, LynxOS and Microsoft Windows
- Hardware and software certifiable with DO-254 and DO-178C certification artifact kits are available
- Subsystems requiring highly reliable graphics generation and display
- Applications such as moving maps, SVS/ Diminished Vision Enhancement (DVE), or Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Graphics systems requiring safety certification
VPX3-717 & V3-717 DO-254 Safety-Certifiable AMD E8860 Graphics Module
For Highly Reliable Graphics Generation and Display
The VPX3-717 is an industry-leading, rugged graphics processor based on the AMD Radeon E8860 GPU and packaged in a 3U OpenVPX form factor. Its V3-717 variant is designed for systems with Design Assurance Level (DAL) A process assurance where AC/AMC 20-152A is the means of compliance to apply DO-254, along with additional objectives for custom devices, COTS devices, and the board itself.
- High-performance graphics processing and display
- DO-254 DAL A safety-certifiable variant
- SWaP-reducing XMC processor mezzanine site
The VPX3-717 and V3-717’s high-performance AMD Radeon E8860 GPU and large complement of dedicated video memory make the boards ideal for use in demanding, graphics-rich applications that require extensive video processing and display capabilities. Designed for high reliability and a long lifecycle, the VPX3-717 and V3-717 are especially well-suited to support embedded training, moving maps, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), 360° situational awareness, degraded visual environment (DVE), and other graphics-, video-, and compute-intensive applications.
Bring the powerful capabilities of the VPX3-717 or V3-717 to your 3U VPX system:
High-performance Graphics Processing and Display
The VPX3-717 and V3-717’s AMD Radeon E8860 GPU and its graphics drivers have been trusted and proven in safety-critical applications, making the boards low-risk. The GPU features six independent and simultaneous graphics outputs, 2 GB of dedicated video memory, and hardware acceleration for video compression encoding and decoding. The boards add an XMC site supporting both peripheral and processor mezzanines, as well as Curtiss-Wright’s IPX Personality Module for low-latency video capture and graphics output format conversions.
DO-254 DAL A Safety-certifiable Variant
The V3-717 is designed for systems with Design Assurance Level (DAL) A process assurance where AC/AMC 20-152A is the means of compliance to apply DO-254, along with additional objectives for custom devices, COTS devices, and the board itself. The V3-717 hardware can be delivered with a DO-254 certification artifact kit and is supported by a suite of CoreAVI® software drivers that are aligned to the Future Airborne Capability Environment (FACE) standard. The board also supports DO-178C certifiable graphics drivers for OpenGL SC 1.0.1, OpenGL SC 2.0, video decode, and video encoding, making Curtiss-Wright your one-stop for your certifiable graphics needs.
SWaP-reducing XMC Processor Mezzanine Site
In addition to supporting peripheral mezzanines, the VPX3-717 and V3-717 mezzanine site also fully supports XMC processor mezzanines. This architecture inverts the traditional graphics mezzanine hosted on a processor card to unleash uncompromised graphics and video processing performance without occupying additional slots within a system. This seamless solution can provide processing and perform streaming video, overlay, and recording all in a single 3U OpenVPX slot.