The VPX3-719 rugged 3U OpenVPX, high performance graphics processing module is based on the AMD Radeon E8860 Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) with video capture and supports HD-SDI video interface.
- AMD Radeon E8860 GPU
- 2 GB dedicated video memory
- H.264 codec for accelerated video encode and decode
- Up to six independent display outputs
- 4 x DVI directly from the GPU
- Customizable video inputs and outputs
- Dual independent video output channels (2 x HD-SDI, 1 x analog)
- Dual independent video input/ capture channels (2 x HD-SDI, 2 x analog)
- RTOS driver support for Power Architecture®, Intel® and Arm® processors
- OS support for Linux®, Wind River® VxWorks®, GHS® INTEGRITY®, LynxOS® and Microsoft® Windows®
- Hardware and software certifiable with DO-254 and DO-178C certification artifact kits are available
- Subsystems requiring highly reliable graphics generation and display
- Applications such as moving maps, SVS/DVE, or GIS
- Graphics systems requiring safety certification
VPX3-719 Safety-Certifiable AMD E8860 Graphics/Video Capture Module
The VPX3-719 is a rugged, high-performance 3U OpenVPX graphics processing combination module based on the AMD Radeon E8860 Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) with video capture and support for HD-SDI video interfaces. This single-slot module is targeted at avionics applications where a cost-effective, commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) alternative to custom-developed DO-254 and DO-178 safety-certifiable solutions can offer a competitive advantage for integrators.
The E8860 is the latest embedded discrete GPU from AMD that meets the long lifecycle availability required for military programs through the use of a suite of CoreAVI software drivers and 20-year component supply program.
The VPX3-719’s large complement of dedicated video memory, combined with its high performance, make it ideal for use in demanding graphics rich applications that require extensive video processing and display capabilities. Designed for high reliability, the VPX3-719 module is especially well-suited to support embedded training, moving maps, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), 360-degree situational awareness, Degraded Visual Environment (DVE) and other graphics, video and compute-intensive applications. This module has been designed for safety certifiable applications and has been developed to meet the needs of DO-254 and DO-178C. Full sets of certifiable artifacts are available from Curtiss-Wright.