Expertise for Aerospace & Defense Electrical Engineering
Curtiss-Wright electrical engineers work with our customers to apply technical and creative expertise to ensure that our products meet our customer's program requirements. Our engineering team specializes in rapid product design and development for a broad and diverse range of products, providing solutions that lower costs throughout the product’s lifecycle. Our design capabilities range from board-level products and integrated subsystems to full turnkey product designs. Design and analysis modules are utilized to provide optimum designs for test and designs for manufacturing. Our broad range of engineering capabilities include:
System Integration, Engineering, Test Planning & Verification Services
When you have a system integration challenge, reach out to our system design team as early in your program cycle as possible and let a Curtiss-Wright system architect put their system integration expertise to work for you. Our unmatched breadth of system integration capabilities helps to eliminate your design risk to ensure the success of your program’s system development, integration, and deployment.
System Integration Engineering Services
We have extensive experience in platform-level system integration and embedded hardware optimization, with a wide range of military and commercial applications.
Our engineering team specializes in rapid product design and development for a broad and diverse range of products designed to lower lifecycle costs.
Curtiss-Wright Defense Solutions has extensive experience in environmental, electrical, power quality, and EMI qualification testing.
The System Integration and Verification (SIV) group has the capability and technical knowledge to troubleshoot and debug all types of embedded products.
Our mechanical engineers have experience in electronic packaging for harsh environments, such as NBC, EMI, shock, vibration, temperature and radiation.
OUr software engineers work with all aspects of the real-time embedded software lifecycle, including diverse programs such as DO-178B Level A.
Our specialty engineering team handles RMS & ILS, product supportability and availability, and integrated logistics support engineering.
Our Electrical Engineering Capabilities Include:
- 3U and 6U (VPX and VME) line replaceable modules (LRM)
- PMC/XMC/FMC mezzanine modules
- Fully integrated LRM-based subsystems
- Small and ultra-small form factor line replaceable units (LRU)
- Communication Interfaces (10/100/1000 Ethernet, ARINC 429, MIL-STD-1553, serial port RS-422/RS-485/RS-232, USB, SPI bus, CANbus)
- I/O Interfaces (Digital I/O, Analog I/O, Analog to Digital designs, Digital to Analog designs, Synchro, resolver and encoder interfaces)
- Power Systems (AC/DC Power Supplies, low voltage (28V) and high voltage (610V) motor control)
- Control and Measurements (hand controllers, Gyroscopes, Rate Sensor system, RTD interface)
- Backplane Designs (OpenVPX, VPX, VPX-REDI, VXS, VMEbus, RF, and Mixed Technology)
- Rigid-Flex-Rigid Board Designs
- Radiation Hardened and Electro-Magnetic Pulse tolerance Designs
- High performance circuit board simulation and design
- FPGA and CPLD Design
- Component Analysis (RoHS Compliance, Parts Obsolescence)
- Advanced signal integrity analysis for high-speed signaling greater than 10 Gbaud per pair
- RF design