FAQ/014 KAM-500 - SAM/DEC/007: What are the steps to install the SAM/DEC/007/C under Windows 7 32 bits?
August 18, 2014
1. Set your windows privileges to administrator
2. User Account Control: Set 'User Account Control settings' to Never Notify me:
- Start -> Control Panel -> System and Security
- Under 'Action Centre', change User Account Control Settings
- Never Notify: Choose this only if you need to use programs that are not certified Windows 7 because they do not support User Account Control.
3. Driver Signature Enforcement: On Windows boot, press F8 - Select option 'Disable Driver Signature Enforcement'.
4. The same device driver is used for Windows 2000, XP, Vista and Windows 7. However, for Windows 7, go to control panel, start Device Manager by selecting start and then begin typing 'Device Manager' in the window.
5. Device Manager opens in a list. Select it and press Enter. Click on 'PCMCIA adapters'.
6. Right-click on the first adapter in the list and select 'Update driver software'.
7. Select 'Browse my computer for driver software' and navigate to the following location on the driver CD '\DRIVERS\WIN_2K_XP'. Click 'Ok' then click 'Next' to install the driver.
If errors still occur, contact Acra support detailing the errors encountered.