The KAD/VID/106 is an H.264 video encoder card that converts one of three composite analog video inputs.
- H.264 compression of video input channels (NTSC or PAL)
- Supports digital video formats CIF, 2CIF, D1
- Configurable I-frame to P-frame ratio
- Programmable frame rates
- Advanced Audio Codec (AAC) audio encoding
- Constant compressed video bit-rate target can be set to between 250 kbps and 10 Mbps
- FIFO or Packetizer Operation
- Video monitoring of cockpit
- Video monitoring of control surfaces
- Direct monitoring of video compatible head/up and head/down displays
KAD/VID/106 H.264 Video Encoder
The KAD/VID/106 is an H.264 video encoder card that converts one of three composite analog video inputs, or one Y/C analog video input to digital video and compresses it. Compressed video bit-rate is kept constant using multi-pass encoding and padding of the transport stream. Optional audio encoding produces a digital audio data stream. The left and right audio channels can be individually turned on or off. The selection of PAL or NTSC input format is a configurable setting.
The KAD/VID/106 latency is less than 80 ms. The latency measures the amount of time it takes to encode and transfer one video frame from the backplane interface of the module.
The KAD/VID/106 offers two generator lock outputs (CAM_2_GENLOCK_OUT and CAM_3_GENLOCK_OUT) to allow synchronization of all four video input signals.
Aerospace Instrumentation Brochure
Modern aerospace instrumentation systems can be highly complex, and it can be difficult to know how to meet program needs. It’s not unusual for requirements to change during a campaign and cause significant delays, and data must be captured reliably no matter what – otherwise expensive additional flights will be needed or months of program data could be lost. Read our brochure to learn how you can reduce your risk with commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) solutions.