- Featured Products
- Request a Quote
- Product Support
The ABIM-553A is a MIL-STD-1553 bus monitor, which can monitor up to four dual redundant busses. It combines the capabilities of a coherent message parser, with the flexibility of a packetizer. It also provides message counting and extensive error detection functions, on a single module. The ABIM-553A's parser, triple buffers up to 4,095 complete messages and their associated tags in buffers up to 43 words wide. The INFO tag associated with each message has a stale bit (message read before), a skipped bit (buffer overwritten), and an empty bit (no message received since power-on). These tags can be included as discrete parameters in Ethernet or PCM transmissions.
All messages are captured and packetized into an Ethernet frame. To ensure efficient use of bandwidth, frames are only generated once a threshold amount of data has been captured. Additionally, a programmable timeout ensures that smaller frames are generated even during periods of low activity on the bus. When there is no traffic, no packets are generated.
Optionally, the message stream can be filtered such that only certain messages are captured and packetized. All messages are protocol tracked by the ABIM-553A. It handles all mode codes (including those that are user-defined).
The ABIM-553A is offered in two variants:
- ABIM-553A-2: 2 channel dual redundant bus monitor/packetizer
- ABIM-553A-4: 4 channel dual redundant bus monitor/packetizer
- Monitors up to four dual redundant MIL-STD-1553 busses using Direct or Transformer coupled operation
- Coherently parses traffic and tags for up to 4,095 parser ID; parser ID based on 16-bit commands; RT-RT messages treated as one parser ID
- Aperiodic transmission of packetized MIL-STD-1553 messages including tags as DARv3 or IRIG-106 Chapter 10 payload per channel
- Optional recording of messages with time-out status reply
- MIL-STD-1553 traffic monitoring and recording