- Featured Products
- Request a Quote
- Product Support
The KAD/UBM/103 is used to monitor up to 16 RS-232/422/485 channels. The module can parse (coherently extract specific bytes) and/or packetize (insert messages in packets for Ethernet transmission) each channel at the same time.
The signal type (RS-232/422/485), bits per word, and parity are programmable on a channel-by-channel basis. In the parser, a total of up to 511 complete messages are triple buffered so that the stale indication is message-wide. Each message can be up to 1,024 characters (bytes) long (including start and stop characters). Each message is tagged to 0.1 ms resolution; a message is considered found when a start sequence of up to eight specific bytes is received. The end-of-message delimiter is determined by a user-defined stop character or after a specific number of words are received. A message is not updated if any sequence is incorrect.
Independently of the parser, an iNET-X packet stream is generated for each channel. All received bytes are encapsulated in an iNET-X parser-aligned payload structure. A programmable gap time allows the module to split the incoming bytes into shorter timestamped sequences.
A block header attached to each sequence stores the channel index, length, and the time of reception of each message. These parser-aligned packets may be transmitted aperiodically to optimize network bandwidth utilization and memory usage when recording serial traffic.
- Monitors up to 16 RS-422/485/232 busses
- Coherently parses traffic and tags for up to 511 messages from 4 to 1024 bytes
- Aperiodic transmission of packetized serial messages including tags as iNET-X parser-aligned payload structure
- Bit-rates from 300bps to 1,000,000bps
- 7/8 bits per word with odd, even, or no parity
- Programmable start sequence (1 to 8 bytes), stop sequence (1 byte or by fixed length), and idle time
- Interfacing with serial data links