- Featured Products
- Request a Quote
- Product Support
The KAM/PSU/012 converts the nominal 28V aircraft power into the voltages needed by the KAM-500 backplane. The DC/DC converters used are the largest components of any KAM-500 module, so the unit is split in two (one half at each end). This allows the components to be bolted to the housing and their weight to be evenly distributed in the KAM-500 chassis.
The +5V supply is primarily for digital circuitry, the ±12V supply is primarily for analog circuitry, and the ±7V is exclusively for bridge excitation. Unlike other KAM-500 modules the KAM/PSU/012 can only be removed by first removing the sides. The KAM/PSU/012 is only supplied as part of the housing. The green LED indicates power on the +5V power line. For the KAM/PSU/012/NC, power glitch reservoir capacitors are removed.
- Supplies +5V, ±7V and ±12V for backplane
- Fully isolated
- No derating with temperature (-40 to +85°C)
- Capacitor back-up: 24 ms dropping from 28V @ 40W typical (not applicable for KAM/PSU/012/NC)
- Reverse polarity protection
- Indefinite short-circuit protection
- EMI filtering
- Supplies up to 5A on +5V power line
- Power supplies for data acquisition systems